Google recommendations for working with sitemaps
Google has explained how to work with sitemaps. The company published the following information: which website sections are the most important, how to use XML format, when it is better to use RSS/Atom feeds, and how to optimize those for Google.
Google has also explained the differences between XML and RSS/Atom formats. XML sitemaps are usually bigger and more informative than RSS/Atom feeds. It is preferable to use both formats for optimal crawling because XML sitemaps give Google information about all of the pages of your website, while an RSS/Atom feed describes recent changes.
Here is a summary of best practices:
- Include only those URLs that can be fetched by Googlebot.
- Include only canonical URLs.
- Specify the last modification time for every URL in an XML sitemap or RSS/Atom feed. - Update an XML sitemap at least once a day and inform Google about it.
- Set a maximum possible number of URLs on each sitemap.
- Every time a new page is added, or some substantial changes are made to an already existing one, add the modification time to an RSS/Atom feed.
- An RSS/Atom feed should be updated regularly in order for Google not to miss the updates of your website.
RSS/Atom feed will positively influence your website promotion.
Foreign Real Estate in Russia: 2023 Trends
In recent years the demand for foreign real estate among the Russian-speaking audience has reached the highest point.
In this guide you will find an overview of the current state of the market, a portrait of a Russian-speaking buyer and useful tips on adapting your business and digital sources to a new field.Read more
Get a quote
Contact us, we speak English and are ready to
answer all your questions!
Russian SEO in 2023: Trends and Features of Russian Search
Nowadays, good online search visibility is an essential element of a successful business, especially one that deals in foreign countries.
We’ve created a whitepaper where we go through both SEO trends in general and consider some specific factors of Russian search as well.Read more