HTTPS is becoming a ranking factor for Google now
Request a Quote
Google will consider HTTPS usage as a ranking factor in the near future, as it has been announced in the company official blog.
From now on, website owners who use HTTPS with 2048-bit key certificates can count on a little improvement of their websites positions in search results.
Google representatives have promised to publish all the necessary information for webmasters next week. Right now you can do the following:
- Find out which certificate is necessary for your website - single domain, multi-domain or a wildcard one.
- Use 2048-bit key certificates.
- Use relative URLs for all the resources which are on the same secure domain.
- Use protocol-relative URLs for other domains.
- Don't block Google from crawling your HTTPS pages using a robots.txt.
- Allow search engines to index as many of your pages as possible by avoiding "noindex" meta tags.